Always In Deep Thought...

Always In Deep Thought...
New York Born & Raised
Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

MISSTIANNAH BLOG SITE click here

Blog Archive

Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE DEATH OF A HEARTBEAT...

THE DEATH OF A HEARTBEAT...


the death of a heartbeat


when each string popped, I can't sing


just close my eyes and reminisce


of all the times I thought you were mine


naive of me thinking that I could believe


that you'll be different than the others it just seems...


so unreal that you can turn a 360


when you wanted me to take your word,


just take any that you've offered like a fiend


you were supposed to be the pie and I- your topping, your cream


turns out I was just the moment or your time being


baby don't lie to me, these games same song, new notes, different sheet


only now I no longer have music within me


because instead you've taken the only note and


shredded it like a damaged reed


so what was it? not pretty enough, woman enough, human enough...


I can't help but to be just me


taken for granted, I wish you can take my eyes so that you can see


the pain in my heart, my ears so you can hear the death of a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment